Thursday, July 7, 2011

My third professional recital is in about 21 hours. I'm not nervous - but I am very stressed. I'm feeling rather depressed at the moment. But I shouldn't be, because wonderful things happen tomorrow! Darren Motise is visiting from New York. He and I are going out to lunch at Prana/Namaste at 1:00. At 4:00 we're meeting up with Bob Glass to see his Hauptwerk project. Also, my grandparents are visiting from Dayton, Ohio. The recital should go very well. Dr. Decker and his wife will be there, Harry, Courtney, Andrea, Hugh, Sam, Lyell, Alex, Kathy, Jessica, John, Mother Marjory, Lydia and possibly Dorothy, Alyssa, Abby and Mark, too! Afterwards, some of my closest and dearest friends and I will go out to dinner and have a good time.

I've been listening to a lot of the piano and chamber music of Mendlessohn and Faure lately, as well as Bach concertos and the typical Haydn masses. The music is depressing to me, at the moment. The music is so powerful and sublime - but I am feeling empty. This blog is becoming a diary it seems! Haha! Woah - watch out narcissism!

No comments: