Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bittersweet! Bittersweet! Ohhhh bittersweet!

Yesterday, the Bloomsburg High School class of 2011 graduated, amongst them were many of my best friends, old and new. I am excited for all the graduates, but especially for those I know and call friends. I'm especially excited for Andrea Fronsman, Tyler Dalious, Lydia Heier, Courtney Langmeyer, Meghan Ashford, Kelsey Flick, Christian Tloczynski, Hayley Miller, and Katie Knorr. I cannot wait to see what they do and where they go and who they become! However, I think who they are now is just as important, if not more so. They are all inherently beautiful people.

Afterward, Mrs. Zimmerman was walking around saying "Bittersweet! Bittersweet! Ohhhh bittersweet!" repeatedly. I love Mrs. Zimmerman, but for a good half hour after going home, I still had 'Bittersweet... bittersweet... bittersweet...' playing in my head! Ha!

Well, anyway, here's some great music related to graduation and this school year. First is Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1, which is where we get our 'graduation' march from.



Here is Michaela singing Faure's 'Apres un Reve'. I just have to put this here because it is such an incredible piece and she sang it so beautifully.



Pure joy. That's what Brahms Op. 39 Waltzes are - pure joy! Graduation is likewise a joyful event! May the rest of the graduates lives be as joyful as these waltzes, here performed by Dinu Lipatti and the legend Nadia Boulanger herself.

No comments: