Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer 2010: Part 2

I had my recital at Christ Church Episcopal Cathedral (www.cccindy.org) yesterday and it went fabulously! We had a great crowd of people from downtown and friends of mine. My grandparents were there, the Balkes, the Goodlett twins, organist Robert Richter, and plenty of others! It was just fantastic! And I was paid $50 to boot!




 Right: My program










 Left: That's me at the Hellmuth Wolff organ in Christ Church Cathedral, right after my recital on the same instrument.



 


After the concert I showed the gallery organ off to my grandparents and some fabulous friends and they all thoroughly enjoyed it I believe. It was a fantastic day!




 Right: That's me at the 53 rank Taylor and Boody gallery organ, after playing the D Major Prelude BWV 532 for some wonderful people.







Today I met my friend Rees for the first time in person, he and I have known each other for two years via youtube and facebook. We tried out the organs at Saint Luke's UMC, Saint Paul's Episcopal Church, Christ Church Cathedral, and the Second Presbyterian Church of Indianapolis.






Left: My friends (and fellow organists) Rees and Jon pretend to be beggars at the Center City Circle.






While at Saint Paul's, we walked by a car wash the youth group was holding and somebody yelled "Hey everybody! There's Cody and his friends from Shelbyville and Arkansas!" and half the youthgroup came running over screaming my name. Rees was wearing an Oberlin shirt, much to the delight of several people there. SO cool! Kids my age with actual musical knowledge and appreciation! One (Maureen?) said "Oberlin, that's where I want to go!" and I'm thinking "SWEET!!! ME TOO!". Indianapolis is AWESOME and the kids at Saint Paul's are the coolest!

This is going to be a fun summer. I'm already making new friends! :-D

No comments: