Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer 2010: Part 1

Next week I leave for Indianapolis, embarking on a two month journey of learning!

Next Friday, Friday June 18th, I will be playing an afternoon organ recital after the noontime Eucharist at Christ Church Episcopal Cathedral in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. The organ is a 4 manual, 72 rank tracker action instrument built in 1990 by Hullmuth Wolff and Associates. The program is as follows:

1. Apparition de l'Eglise Eternelle - Olivier Messiaen
2. Le Banquet Celeste - Olivier Messiaen
3. Cantata 29: Sinfonia - J.S. Bach

I spoke with their Associate Music Director, and he expects, depending on the weather conditions, 40 to 50 people. However, I've made sure to get the word out at Saint Paul's Episcopal Church where I attend while in Indianapolis so we may have some extra guests other than the regulars! Lets hope so!

It's such a great feeling to be playing this recital for many reasons. First, I was invited to play by their Associate Director at the reception of a Gerre Hancock recital, which made me feel just great! Another reason this upcomming recital is important is that it is a cathedral church with a wonderful music program, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Also, just the fact that it's a nine hour drive from where I live makes it a great experience (and it kind of gives me a feeling as if I'm going on tour!).

Wish me luck everybody! I'll be sure to get pictures and video of me during the concert, lets hope it's a big success!

No comments: