Monday, May 30, 2011

Spice of Life

No person can take the spice out of one's life unless one allows them to do so. Well, I've been letting others take the spice out of my life for quite some time now. Which is especially unnecessary given my age! However, that ends. Nobody is taking the spice out of my life anymore! Better still, so many wonderful friends are returning to Bloomsburg from college - they all make me so happy. I went to the park with Breanna and Julia the other day - I love them so much! Happenings like these and angels like them remind me of what I used to love about life and why I loved it.

Whether it be Julia's irreplaceable laugh, or her uniquely inquisitive outlook on acquaintanceship... whether it be Breanna's lovely smile, or her quirky, often perverted sense of humor... whether it's Cheyenne's adorable voice, the way I look up to Carlyn like a big sister, the way Ashley has an aura of immense coolness radiating from her, the fact that Darbs is just forty pounds of love, kindness, and beauty in a human costume, Tyler's wonderful kindness, Eric's never-ending laugh (am I really that funny?), Danny's smile, Christian's heart, the way Kaitlin screams 'Mead' and used to give me car rides everywhere, the wonderfully awkward moments with Mr. Burrell, Kelsey's many impressions, Latsha's over-dramatics, Mr. Dodge's hum, Dr. Decker's down-to-earthness, Lyell's inability to shut the heck up in theory class, Walker's irreplaceable quirk and loveability, the fact that John from St. Paul's and I are like old pals after knowing each other for a week and a half, my father's enormous collection of vinyl records, the way Barbara G checks on what I'm up to by using her daughter's facebook accounts, Lydia's facial expressions, Andrea's talent for finding some goofy fun in any situation, Harry's uniquely wonderful - and frequent - eye roll, the way Hugh calls me 'Co', Robert's sensational antics and his incredible knowledge and admirable love of music, Darren's youtube links, the one waitress at Harry's Bar and Grille with the heavenly laugh, Loco Mama's drunken, cross-dressing, online ramblings, the fact that Father Les referred to me as his 'Easter Bro' during Holy Week, Dr. Jones's absent-mindedness, the ease of which I can speak with Dr. Polhill and the fact that he treats me as an adult, Angela's smile, Aileen's all-around-loveliness, Courtney's willingness to be my best friend and spend so much time getting lost, being bored, and indulging in intellectual discussions (without a table! Ha!) with me in her car, or perhaps the fact that I don't know if I've properly punctuated this paragraph (haha!) - I LOVE all of them and they make me happy. They inspire me. They restore my faith in myself and make me love life and the world!

:-D

Sometimes, we really would do ourselves well to appreciate the simple things. The landscape painted by Edgar Degas seen here below is unbelievably beautiful in its simplicity.

No comments: