Saturday, April 30, 2011

Recital by Robert Fertitta a stunning success!

Robert Fertitta's long-awaited organ and piano recital was last night. We had a relatively small, but very enthusiastic and appreciative crowd, and ended up raising $392 in free-will donations! Dr. Bill Decker was there; it was lovely to see him as always! He told me his favorite piece on the program was the Faure Nocturne No. 6 (my favorite as well!). Darren Motise, a friend of Robert's and mine, came down from New York to see the concert as well! It was so great to have both of these friends visiting from out of town and bringing people together to hear such amazing music. I saw Pastor Steve today and he told me that everybody he's talked to has been raving about how wonderful the recital was!

Here's some pictures from the recital:

I introduce Robert at the beginning of the recital
Robert explains his program
Robert plays Brahms on the piano
Robert plays the organ, while I assist in pulling and pushing stops
I continue to assist while Robert plays
The sheet music for Faure's Nocturne No. 6, which Robert played immediately after the intermission

No comments: