Friday, April 22, 2011

Indianapolis and other happenings next week

Indianapolis Day 1

I'm visiting my grandparents in Indianapolis. We arrived at around 9:30 p.m. last night. Early this morning, I ran 4.5 miles on the Indianapolis Canal Towpath in my new spikes. Fun fun! I got back to the house and everybody was gone (except my father, who was still sleeping) so I made myself breakfast. My grandfather had been at the Rivi (a club my grandparents belong to) to exercise, my grandmother, aunt, and Maeve went out to get breakfast, and my uncle went to work early in the morning.
At noon we went to the Good Friday Eucharist service at Saint Paul's. The choir (a partial choir today, the service being early on a weekday) sang in the back of the nave today; it was a nice, simple service.
For lunch, I had some left over ziti, a dish of mango slices, and a bowl of squash, apple, and curry soup (which was DELICIOUS!). That's one of the things I love about visiting my grandparents - the food is awesome! :-D
We went to the Fashion Mall just North of Indy in the afternoon. Maeve was given free samples of hair product and she bought some lipstick, then she wanted to go to the Body Shop and she ended up getting perfume there!
For dinner, we had my grandmother's home-made cod fish sticks, along with backed potato slices and sweet potatoes, and home made coleslaw (which my grandmother makes super spicy with lots of brown mustard). So much good food!
It was very cool sitting at a table with eight people tonight at dinner, as well. I love that big family feeling! :-D We had some good laughs today.
It rained all day today, but tomorrow it should be nice, and hopefully we'll go to a museum or the zoo or something.

Robert Fertitta's Recital - One Week Away

Dr. Robert Fertitta's piano and organ recital is exactly one week away! It's going to be an incredible event, I know! It's so exciting that one of the greatest musicians in the world - a student of the legendary Nadia Boulanger in the early 1970's - is going to be performing a concert - free admission - in Bloomsburg!
In addition to being an incredible performer, and having absolutely endless knowledge of musical structure and analysis, Robert is a professional stained glass photographer. He was gracious enough to photograph all of our windows entirely for free! The photographs came out wonderfully! Truly fantastic! To the right is our great West window at the First Presbyterian Church of Bloomsburg, as photographed by Robert. I'm guessing this large window to be around twenty-five feet from top to bottom.

No comments: