Friday, April 24, 2009

Conics Celebration

Oh Algebra 2, how I wish I could just take that class every day for the rest of my life... okay maybe not. BUT despite that I have a little bit of trouble with math, and Algebra 2 isn't my favorite class in the world (because I'm just not too good at it!), out teacher, Mrs. Horn, is very nice, and it can be a good class. Today, after finishing our big unit on conics, we had a 'Conics Celebration'! Mrs. Horn encouraged us to bring in party food, etc. as long as it was conics related! I brought in twizzlers, representing directrixes (or is it directri?), or a latus rectum, or a radius, or diameter. You get the picture. Anything in the shape of a line segment, elipse, circle, cone, or of a parabolic shape was exceptable.
Here's a picture of my Algebra 2 class (not everybody, but most of the class) at the Conic Celebration, with me at the far left. Hmmm... I didn't realize I was that tall... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a rowdy looking crowd !! LOL

Zoltan